1 1/2C All- Purpose Spelt
1/2 C Wheat Pastry Flour
1TBS baking powder
6 TBS butter (I used Minerva dairy herbed butter)
1. Chill butter in freezer
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper
3. Combine flour, paking powder, sugar, and salt in bowl
4. grate butter and then stir into flour mixture
5. add milk to butter and flour mixture
6. stir to mix, careful not to over mix
7. Transfer your biscuit dough to a well-floured surface and use your hands to gently work the dough together. If the dough is too sticky, add flour until it is manageable
8. Once the dough is cohesive, fold in half over itself and use your hands to gently flatten layers together. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and fold in half again, repeating this step 5-6 times but taking care to not overwork the dough.
9. Use your hands (do not use a rolling pin) to flatten the dough to 1" thick and lightly dust a 2 3/4" round biscuit cutter with flour.
10. Making close cuts, press the biscuit cutter straight down into the dough and drop the biscuit onto your prepared baking sheet.
11. Repeat until you have gotten as many biscuits as possible and place less than 1/2" apart on baking sheet.
12. Once you have gotten as many biscuits as possible out of the dough, gently re-work the dough to get out another biscuit or two until you have at least 6 biscuits.
13. Bake on 425F for 12 minutes or until tops are beginning to just turn lightly golden brown.
14. If desired, brush with melted salted butter immediately after removing from oven. Serve warm and enjoy.
recipe modified from https://sugarspunrun.com/easy-homemade-biscuits/N
1/2 C Mud Run Farm Rolled Oats
1/2 C Milk or water
1TBS Chia Seed
1TBS Honey or Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients together in a jar and put in refrigerator overnight
In morning add your choice of mix ins
Almonds or other nuts
Peanut Butter or other Nut butters
1C cooked Spelt berry
1 1/2C thinly sliced sweet potato
1/2C diced onions
1 TBS honey
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS olive oil
1. Cook spelt berries
2. Add sweet potato and onion to simmering spelt berries during last 10min of cook time
3. Whisk honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil together
4. Stir in cranberries and honey dressing
5. Serve hot or cold
3/4 C milk
3 TBS butter
1 Mud Run Farm egg
add in 1 1/3 C pancake mix
stir to combine
add by spoon to hot griddle
Granola is a super easy, clean out your pantry cabinet, feel good snack or breakfast.
The trick to clumpy, crispy granola is to spread it out onto the cookie sheet and then to leave it until you pull it out of the oven. If you like a lose granola, just stir half way through cooking.
The items in this recipe are just what I happened to have at the time. You can add dried fruit, more nuts, a different oil, more sweetner, less sweetner. Its up to you!!
1 1/2 C Mud Run Farm Rolled Oats or Rolled Spelt (or half and half)
1/3 C Chia Seeds
1/2 C Sliced Almonds
1/3 C Coconut flakes
1/4 C Maple Syrup or Honey
3 TBS Coconut Oil
1 tsp vanilla
Whisk together wet ingredients (Maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla
Poor wet ingredients into dry ingredients (oats, chia seeds, sliced almonds, coconut flakes) and evenly coat
Spread out onto cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes
Rolled Spelt Energy Bites
1 1/4C Mud Run Farm Rolled Spelt
1/2C Nut Butter (PB, Cashew, Almond)
1/3C Maple Syrup or Honey
1/4C mix-ins (seeds, nuts, dried fruit)
Throw all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Roll into balls. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Eat!