1 1/2C All- Purpose Spelt
1/2 C Wheat Pastry Flour
1TBS baking powder
6 TBS butter (I used Minerva dairy herbed butter)
1. Chill butter in freezer
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper
3. Combine flour, paking powder, sugar, and salt in bowl
4. grate butter and then stir into flour mixture
5. add milk to butter and flour mixture
6. stir to mix, careful not to over mix
7. Transfer your biscuit dough to a well-floured surface and use your hands to gently work the dough together. If the dough is too sticky, add flour until it is manageable
8. Once the dough is cohesive, fold in half over itself and use your hands to gently flatten layers together. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and fold in half again, repeating this step 5-6 times but taking care to not overwork the dough.
9. Use your hands (do not use a rolling pin) to flatten the dough to 1" thick and lightly dust a 2 3/4" round biscuit cutter with flour.
10. Making close cuts, press the biscuit cutter straight down into the dough and drop the biscuit onto your prepared baking sheet.
11. Repeat until you have gotten as many biscuits as possible and place less than 1/2" apart on baking sheet.
12. Once you have gotten as many biscuits as possible out of the dough, gently re-work the dough to get out another biscuit or two until you have at least 6 biscuits.
13. Bake on 425F for 12 minutes or until tops are beginning to just turn lightly golden brown.
14. If desired, brush with melted salted butter immediately after removing from oven. Serve warm and enjoy.
recipe modified from https://sugarspunrun.com/easy-homemade-biscuits/N